St. Paul’s Lutheran Church

Founded: 13/12/1881 Current Use: Active Congregation

Organized in 1881 by Danish-born Rev. G. B. Christiansen Original church built in 1883 in the center of the cemetery, a practice common in Denmark Present church was built in 1905 Church retains original pulpit, altar with statue of Christ, baptismal font, and benches €“ believed to have been crafted by Mr. Jeppe Nelson, original member of congregation Congregation continuously active

Craftspeople/Artists: Jeppe Nelson, woodworker/carverJeppe Nelson, woodworker/carver

Renovations/Additions: 1952 photo shows interior sanctuary substantially altered

Is anything missing or incorrect? Let us know!

Scroll to Top