Jacobsville Chapel Gloria Dei

Sandstone Township, MI

On December 22, 1889, Maria Niemi and Leander Sinko would be the first to noted couple to exchange wedding vows in the recently constructed Jacobsville Chapel. The service was led by the founding father of the Suomi Syno, Dr. J.K. Nikander. Today, the historic Jacobsville Chapel remains vital to Gloria Dei Lutheran church as a place of gathering for the congregation and wider community. Gloria Dei Lutheran participated in the trainings offered by Nordic Heritage Churches Program from 2018-2019.

Go into the database:

Scroll to Top