Springdale Lutheran

Mount Horeb, WI

On December 1, 1852, the Springdale Lutheran congregation was founded within the towns of Blue Mounds and Springdale. After nine years of meeting in homes, school houses, and outdoors, the Springdale Lutheran Congregation erected a church between 1861-1862. The original structure, built during the Civil War, was modest in structure. The building’s plans included a rectangular plan and small tower. In 1877, a large bell tower was built which continues to serve as the church’s entrance and lends distinctive character.

Today, the congregation continues to participate in community life through participating in Lutheran World Relief, Christmas Child, and other volunteering programs. Springdale Lutheran participated in the training offered by the Nordic Heritage Churches Project from 2018-2019.

 

Scroll to Top